Re: RFC: FULLSCREEN_MONITORS property

Hi,

On 3/9/07, David Trowbridge <trowbrds gmail com> wrote:
<snip>
Back to my requirements for this -- I really, *really* don't want users to have
to think about configuring "virtual" monitors in order to do something like have
a VM across two of their three heads and still interact with their host on the
third.  Apps that want to take advantage of more than a single screen will work
best when they know about xinerama, and chances are that I, or the flight
simulator programmer, or the graphics app hacker will know better about their
individual usage of multi-monitor windows than the window manager or the user.

So, your hint is an application specific override to the current
handling of xinerama only.  And I think I understand the basic use
cases.  Makes sense to me; I'm in favor.

Elijah