Re: new hint for EWMH

On Tuesday 14 of August 2007, Tapani Pälli wrote:
> ext Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Monday 13 of August 2007, Tapani Pälli wrote:
> >> Yep this is 'minor' optimization and makes toolkit code more clean, it's
> >> a bit 'ugly' to have these 'go through all windows' loops there. WM
> >> naturally knows the IM windows (hint needed for this aswell ... Maemo
> >> uses '_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_INPUT' for this)
> >
> >  Please don't use such name for private properties, use a private prefix.
>
> OK, I think the original intention was to push that hint for EWMH aswell
> and therefore name it like that from the beginning. I guess this new
> window-type would be OK?

 I would think so. The point is however that if the semantics change for the
spec, you either have to live with that or the name for the spec needs to be
different (even though, in this specific case, TYPE_INPUT is probably too
vague). Not to mention the case that something completely different would
make it into the spec with this name.

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz