Time response

Hi all,
I am now evaluating the performances of some desktops and Window Manager by measuring time reponses related to some events. I have begun by measuring the cursor movement refresh time. I have written a program using XLib. This program can detect the cursor movement, but the problem is that I cannot detect the redisplay of the cursor in the new position by functions of Xlib or other library.
Has in one an idea about a such problems. Thank you in advance.