Re: Do-not-disturb protocol

Tuomo Valkonen wrote:

On 2006-01-19, Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM> wrote:
I would be very cautions about implementing this in any way other than focus-stealing-prevention, since I think it would cause accessibility problems. For instance, assistive technologies must be able to interact with the user at all times, regardless of what other applications might be running.

Ion needs to know which windows were launched from which for "smart" window
placement. If a program in frame A launches a program, and while it is
starting up, I switch to frame B, I would still usually want the window to
go in frame A instead of the active frame B when it is finally mapped.
In a more conventional WM one would probably usually want the new window on the same workspace as the launcher. The startup notification spec in
the usual very-specific-hints-for-the-so-called-modern-desktop fdo vein
only includes the DESKTOP hint for this.

I don't understand what this has to do with the DO_NOT_DISTURB suggestion, though....

?

Bill