Re: Is _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS must be set?

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 18:32, Oleg Sukhodolsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the part of the spec about _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS is unclear for me :(
>
> In _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS specs says "To retrieve such an estimate, the
> Client MUST send a _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS message to the root
> window. he Window Manager MUST respond by estimating the prospective
> frame extents and setting the
> window's _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS property accordingly."
>
> So, it looks like I (as a client) have to sent
> _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS to get
> correct extents in _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS.
>
> >From the other hand in paragrath about _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS the spec says:
>
> "The Window Manager MUST set _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS to the extents of the
> window's frame. left, right, top and bottom are widths of the respective
> borders added by the Window
> Manager."
>
> So, does this means that _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS must be sat anyway?  If
> yes, then when
> I can be sure that values in _NET_FRAME_EXTENTS are correct?

 The description of _NET_REQUEST_FRAME_EXTENTS starts with "A Client whose
window has not yet been mapped".

KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz