Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On 2005-07-01, Bradley T Hughes <bhughes trolltech com> wrote:
> Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
>> On 2005-06-28, Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> wrote:
>>> everybody considers it to be only "that's my mainwindow"
>>
>> For that there's window groups (in WM_HINTS).
>
> I disagree... the transient property is normally used to indicate
> parent<->child relationships... the window_group is used for
> sibling<->sibling relationships, especially in SDI style apps, since the
> window id specified in window_group doesn't even need to be visible.

Toolboxes and such aren't really children of some main window, but
parts of what really should be the same window scattered all over the
place. Thus window groups are exactly what should be used with them.n
(Modal/transient) dialogs OTOH are clearly children of the window an
action in which opened them.

--
Tuomo