Re: _NET_WORKAREA and dual head

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:25 -0600, Billy Biggs wrote:

>   I'm sorry, I thought that _NET_WM_STRUT was deprecated in favour of
> _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL.  Furthermore, I thought metacity at least by
> looking at it has these get_work_area_xinerama calls which on first pass
> seemed to be built to handle these cases.  It shouldn't be any more
> difficult than maximize logic with a panel on just one head.

That's true, but _STRUT_PARTIAL has many of the same difficulties as
_STRUT.  The property defines a rectangle that extends to the edge of
the root window -- there is no way to specify internal struts.  As I
said, I think that an extension to support this would be nice.

In metacity, implementing such a property based on the current code
would be quite trivial.  But as I've said, the property does not yet
exist -- it would require modifying the specification.