Re: extended WM_TRANSIENT_FOR (was Re: _NET: Disabling shading)

On Wednesday 01 of October 2003 18:23, Ben Jansens wrote:
[snip]
> >  Anyway, I couldn't come up with any idea for solving my problem better
> > than extending WM_TRANSIENT_FOR. But let me first explain the problem,
> > maybe somebody will known something better. The problem is roughly like
> > this:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s07.html#id2829509
>
> Does this not solve your problem?

 No, I was thinking about that one too. The window_group definition is
somewhat vague, but currently it seems to be set to the same value in all
windows of one app (Gtk does that and I submitted a patch for Qt to do it as
well). The problem is that there's a dialog and two Konqueror windows (=two
applications). The two Konquerors cannot have same window_group, because
they're otherwise completely independent. The dialog needs to have a
connection to both of the windows, but those two windows should not have any
such connection between them.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/