Re: frame size hints - for Wine

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for... I just downloaded enlightenment to try it out (I think I'll use it too ;-). It would be nice to have something like that in the spec. I wonder if any other window managers implement similar things?

Mike

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

i agree it would be good to have such a hint... :)

i don't think it's bad design... there isn't a reason NOT to provide this
info... in fact Enlightenment does. the _E_FRAME_SIZE property is set on the
client window (and updated whenever the border padding sizes change) to let the
app know how big the frame is on the top, bottom, left and right borders (the