Re: frame size hints - for Wine

Well, a "place frame at" request would be good too.

Is there any standard way to stop a window manager from autoplacing a window? Maybe a "place frame at" request would solve that problem too.

Mike

Dominik Vogt wrote:

We have discussed this several times, and I still think a "place
my frame at ..." protocol would be much better than exposing the
implementation details of window managers to the applications.  I
doubt though that there will ever be an agreement on this as part
of the wm-spec.