Re: FVWM: FVWM 2.5.5 and GNOME/Nautilus 2 (RedHat 8.0)

Roland,

    You can always stop running Nautilus. I did that so I could run
fvwm with Gnome and it works fine. Of course, I've never really liked
file managers anyway, but too many nautilus features interfere with
standard window manager features.

Gordon

Roland Roberts wrote:
"Olivier" == Olivier Chapuis <olivier chapuis free fr> writes:

    Olivier> No, I do not think so. It is not FVWM fault.
    [...]

Thanks for the explanation.  I never suspected FVWM was at fault; it
was clear that Nautilus was intercepting all my mouse clicks.  It
doesn't bother me that they decided to do this, since some people
(like my wife) prefer to have such a desktop.  But it does annoy me
that they have taken away my control of the root window; I *use* those
extra menus as shortcuts.

regards,

roland