Re: one draft comment

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 03:10, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> writes:
> > I have added this and Lubos' clarifications to the draft. Havoc, would
> > you pull the trigger again ? I think we're getting really close to 1.2
> > now, the only thing which we may want to sort out before 1.2 is
> > _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS. Does anybody have a good idea what to do about it
> > ?
>
> Doesn't it have to be intended as an application window property on
> the tasklist itself - otherwise if the tasklist crashed, icons would
> not come back.
>
> This is sort of broken for both gnome and kde, since the tasklist is
> an embedded applet not a toplevel window - but I think we could punt
> for 1.2 and just clarify that it's intended to be set on the toplevel
> window of the tasklist itself.

 Actually, thinking of this, we can probably completely drop
_NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS. If a window has _NET_WM_ICON_GEOMETRY, it's obvious
that there is a taskbar somewhere - and _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS doesn't provide
anything more. Maybe it could be made a selection allowing its owner to set
_NET_WM_ICON_GEOMETRY though.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/