Re: _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY, _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS and WM_CLIENT_MACHINE question

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 16:03, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS - it's an application window property. Does it mean the
> taskbar should set it on all toplevel windows?

The original proposal by Tim Janik
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/wm-spec-list/1999-November/msg00146.html) called for a root property. I couldn't find any information why it ended
up as an application window property. I think this is just a bug. Can we
fix it ? But I think this is not really implementable anyway,
considering the possibility of multiple pagers which may come and go.
Using the manager selection which we have now for pagers may be better,
or we could just deprecate this property and declare icons/no-icons to
be wm configuration and thus out of scope.

Matthias