Re: _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY, _NET_WM_HANDLED_ICONS and WM_CLIENT_MACHINE question

Ray Strode <halfline hawaii rr com> writes:
> I'm not sure how it works in SuSE, but I guess the bottom line is that
> your systems' hostnames aren't
> being set to FQDNs and Havoc's system's hostname is.

Yep, you're right on. On my system at home, I don't have FQDN, and at
work, DHCP hands one out.

I don't know if there's a way to reliably (and efficiently) get the
FQDN - maybe we should look at the Xlib code for XSetWMProperties() if
that function does this.