Re: missing semantic types

 Oops, Reply-To again.

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 13:52, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> It seems that the EWMH currently offers no semantic window type that
> adequately describes the kind of windows called "alerts" in the gnome hig
> (http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-diff/windows.html#alert-wi
>ndows). Should we add a _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_ALERT for this ?

 Why can't such window be simply _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DIALOG with the urgency
hint set? Also, I'm not sure what 'system window list' is, but if that last
sentence in the description means the window won't have taskbar entry, I
don't see a reason why.

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/