Re: docking

mallum <breakfast 10 am> writes:
> If this is the case how does the window ID get passed to the embedder
> in gnome2 ?

A couple notes, one is that the system tray is separate from applets;
applets have to be bonobo components. Two, on xdg-list we decided not
to support the balloon-message part of the system tray spec, in case
you were trying to use that.

> Does the final release of gnome2 plan to implement the system tray
> protocol ?

There's prototype code for a system tray in the "libegg" module on
GNOME CVS, but it probably will not make 2.0.0. Perhaps a subsequent
release will contain the system tray.