Re: _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU

[ ... ]

> But it is clear that KDE violate the spec here.

[ ... ]

I think this is a bit too harsh. I don't think the spec
goes into any detail about what amount of decoration a
managed window has to receive. Aren't there even some wms which
work completely without decorations and provide window manipulation
only through a root menu or keyboard (wm2, larswm, ...) ? We still
want to allow a wide variation of possible decorations and not rule
out very minimalistic ones.  Completely undecorated windows
of course have some usability issues and kwin will probably be
improved to decorate TYPE_MENU windows somehow when it becomes a
problem that they're undecorated.

Matthias