Re: Pending 1.2 stuff

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 04:54, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Personally I would just pick a layout, instead of complicating things.

Thats fine as long as you only consider a pager with a fixed horizontal
or vertical layout -- and in fact, I've argued that way before: the
numerical relationships between desktops shouldn't matter if we're
having a geometrical relationship.

But it has been pointed out that this seriously restricts the behaviours
implementable in pagers which can change their orientation (e.g. cw or
ccw rotation, or more complicated rearrangements). Do you think this is
unimportant ? After having become aware of this,the gnome panel doing a
cw rotation when I move it from the bottom to the left (ie ccw) looks
quite odd to me.

> My favorite layout is the book layout:
>
>  1 2
>  3 4
>  5 6
>  7 8

But this is not vertical layout at all. Its horizontal, just 2x4 instead
of 4x2.

Matthias