Re: freedesktop.org updates ?

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 22:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> writes:
> >
> > any chance to see the online version of the EWMH updated to
> > what is in cvs ? I've already lost all hope on finishing 1.2
> > anytime soon, but at least having an uptodate draft online would
> > be nice...
> >

> You do have a CVS account you know. ;-)

Ok, I've dumped the CVS version of the wm-spec into the web module now.
Now you just need to put it online.

> Honestly the reason it doesn't get updated is because there isn't a
> reasonable script to take the "wm-spec" module and check the generated
> stuff into the "web" module, and I can never remember how I did it
> last time... I will try to look at it soon if no one beats me to it.

Its a pain to do since you basically have to cvs rm all the generated
html files, then cvs add the new ones, which is complicated by the fact
that you have to rm them *before* you can cvs rm them... wouldn't it
be possible to put a tarball of the generated html in the web module
and extract it when putting the stuff online ? That would greatly
simplify the wm-spec -> web step.

Matthias