Re: Window groups and multiple desktops

Sasha_Vasko osca state mo us writes:

> > I suggest the following restriction: all windows in a group must occupy
> > the same desktop. If the user moves a member of the group to another
> > desktop, the WM must either remove it from the group, or move the whole
> > group, or offer the user a choice between those two actions.
>
> I second that, otherwise window groups become more or less meaningless.

Have we sorted out a clear meaning of "window group"? I don't think
it's very consistent across apps at the moment. The ICCCM is vague.

The only sensible meaning I can think of is the concept of
"application" in MacOS. i.e. a window group represents an
application. So it might make sense to e.g. have an application menu
that lets you switch between window groups, unminimize/minimize all
windows in the group at once, and so on.