WM-SPEC - what needs to happen for release ?

Hi guys - this is about the wm-spec. I was wondering what people thought
of the state of things. Judging by the lack of posting it looks like
either:

1) It's time to release a 1.0 version
2) The project is dead

hopefully 1) :)

The only item which I can think of which might be worth adding at this
time would be guidelines on how to add non-standard extensions to the
spec without causing mutual (protocol level) incompatibility. Presumably
at both Gnome and Kde must require this, so I was wondering if there are
moves happening to use the spec, and what approaches to this you've used
?

Bradley posted an example implementation some time ago. Now this varies
somewhat from the current state of the spec, and contains KDE specific
additions. Is there an update to this ?

Despite the length of time that it has taken to get to this stage I
think it would be great to get the 1.0 version tied up, and to have at
least both KDE and GNOME adopt it as a common baseline.

Later,

Julian