Re: My comments on 1.9b

>_NET_WM_MOVERESIZE
>
>When application wishes to initiate window resizing it must send
>a message to the root window:
>
>   window = target app window
>   message_type = _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE
>   format = 32
>   data.s[0] = x_root
>   data.s[1] = y_root

The coordinates are for the mouse click location. I am not sure if we need
any other data from the event. If the operation is not initiated by the
mouse, they will be set to -1.

>   data.s[2] = grip:
>
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_MOVE 0 /* only movement */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_TOPLEFT 1 /* top-left grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_TOP 2 /* top grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_TOPRRIGHT 3 /* top-right grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_LEFT 4 /* left grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_CENTER 5 /* 'center' grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_RIGHT 6 /* right grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_BOTTOMLEFT 7 /* bottom-left grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_BOTTOM 8 /* bottom grip */
>#define _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_RESIZE_BOTTOMRIGHT 9 /* bottom-right grip >*/

This looks OK.

>   The mouse would be potentially far away from the window at the
>   time. If one of the eight outer grips are specified the user
>   may be unable to get the size he wants, and if the 'center'
>   grip is used he may not be able to reach the border he wants to
>   resize without passing a different border and thus starting the
>   resize:

This is not a new problem. Solution is to use one of the arrow keys to
initiate the correct resize direction(s).

>The client message has to provide
>    more information: the root coordinates of the pointer
>    and the button that triggered the action (because that may
>    change the way moing/resizing works).

It provides the coordinates. I am not sure we need the .button and .state
for the event.

Mark

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net