Re: My comments on 1.9b

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

>  * We should replace the MWM hints completely. They were
>    never formally specified. Window managers would presumably
>    honor the MWM hints in the case where the new hints
>    were not set.

I think this is a bad idea. MWM hints are a de facto standard.
Applications would set MWM hints to support window managers without
the new spec and window managers would accept them to support "old"
Applications anyway. So this would increase the work on both parts.

>  * _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS _NET_DESKTOP_GEOMETRY:
>
>     The ability for a client to change the number of desktops
>     insert/delete desktops or change desktop geometry seems like a
>     bad idea. There are a lot of unresolved questions about
>     what happens to client windows on a deleted desktop or area.

I agree; also this isn't really important so better leave it out for
now.

	Falk