Re: Application modal transients windows

On  5 Nov, Paul Warren scribbled:
->  On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
->  > On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, Paul Warren wrote:
->
->  > I vote for the GTK way. Too many applications do it like this anyway, which
->  > means (virtually?) all window managers are able to handle this properly (or at
->  > least to ignore it).
->
->  That was my feeling.  We already intend to bend the ICCCM wrt coloured
->  icons.  Waving a big "this is the ICCCM: you must obey" stick around is
->  not going to help us get a usable spec.

I thought we were using raw RGBA data for icons in an X property? ...

->  > Matthias
->  >   ... eagerly waiting for "specs - the next iteration"
->
->  I intend to release another iteration in the next few days.  Two nights
->  ago I read through my entire archive of this list (all 360 messages) and I
->  have a note of the issues that got discussed and were never quite resolved
->  (such as this one).  I will release a revision of the spec, including
->  comments on this RSN,
->
->  Paul
->