Re: Application modal transients windows

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, Paul Warren wrote:

> I vote for the GTK way. Too many applications do it like this anyway, which
> means (virtually?) all window managers are able to handle this properly (or at
> least to ignore it).

That was my feeling.  We already intend to bend the ICCCM wrt coloured
icons.  Waving a big "this is the ICCCM: you must obey" stick around is
not going to help us get a usable spec.

> Matthias
>   ... eagerly waiting for "specs - the next iteration"

I intend to release another iteration in the next few days.  Two nights
ago I read through my entire archive of this list (all 360 messages) and I
have a note of the issues that got discussed and were never quite resolved
(such as this one).  I will release a revision of the spec, including
comments on this RSN,

Paul