Re: Spec Purpose and Definition

With the focus/alert/high-urgency windows, can we define one or two hints.
Then WM's can determine based on these hints how urgent it is. Ie,

_NET_WINDOW_URGENCY
_NET_WINDOW_URGENCY_HIGH

Then the WM could decide on the first to present an icon of the
application in the current window, without focus, or the dialog, without
focus, etc., or perhaps some WMs will shift focus. On the URGENCY_HIGH, it
could be more obtrusive, and could shift workspaces or put a window that
grabs focus forcefully. Again, define two hints that allow for WM
interpretation of what occurs.

Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688
IN CONSTRUCTION:                        http://gnome.windsofstorm.net