Re: Spec Purpose and Definition

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > It's still a hint, only given while beeing mapped. The wm may obey or ignore
> > it. Applications _should_ be allowed to define its own window layout policy.
> > ICCCM encourages that with the USPos hints, unfortunately ICCCM doesn't have a
> > concept of one of the most important attributes: maximized. This is why we have
> > to add it.
> >

> No, this is a misunderstanding. USPosition and USSize are meant to suppress
> interactive positioning upon mapping an app that has been started with
> an explicit geometry on the cmdline. So these are not to encourage every
> app to have its own incompatible layout policy, they are about giving the
> *user* control.

This reminds me: users can usually control the geometry with a command
line option. We should encourage the toolkit authors to add a similiar
option for the workspace and other things. People want this often.

Mark
--
... GUI: WPS.
Marko.Macek@gmx.net                 http://www.kiss.uni-lj.si/~k4fr0235/