Re: Fwd: Draft 1

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > i agree with this... but if i make a suggestion... perhaps we should make
> > the values a little more discrete... since blackbox would look at
> > _NET_WM_DECORATION_TINY a little differently than say WindowMaker or KWM
> > would, simply because each of these window managers has different "pieces"
> > that make up the decorations...  perhaps something like
> >
> > _NET_WM_DECORATION_TITLEBAR
> > _NET_WM_DECORATION_HANDLE
> > _NET_WM_DECORATION_BORDER
> > etc. etc. (very similar to the Motif WM hints possibly?)
>
> No, lets just use the motif hints. Many wms understand them already.
> I guess they have all details we need:
>
> #define MWM_DECOR_BORDER              (1L << 1)
> #define MWM_DECOR_RESIZEH             (1L << 2)
> #define MWM_DECOR_TITLE               (1L << 3)
> #define MWM_DECOR_MENU                (1L << 4)
> #define MWM_DECOR_MINIMIZE            (1L << 5)
> #define MWM_DECOR_MAXIMIZE            (1L << 6)
>
> Matthias, what is wrong with just using these ?

The name "MWM" in it? ;-)

Ok, let's assume we integrate the MWM hints (which are quite similar to what
MS-Windows does, btw), but then there are still at least two things missing:

 - a nifty toolwindow decoration
 - a tiny floating toolbar decoration

Windows (sorry!) has extra hints for that.

Matthias