window caption and utf

Hi,

one more extension to the spec. Unfortunately, X defines the XA_WM_NAME to be
in "portable host encoding". This is a pre-unicode concept, not well thought
through and AFAIK never really implemented.

I assume most WMs currently interpret the WM_NAME according to the local
encoding of the WM. This still has to be supported, I suppose many old apps
rely on that.

New applications, however, want, should and have to use unicode for the window
captions. Otherwise it's not possible to have for example norwegian
applications together with some corean or japanese ones on the same screen.

I therefore suggest we add an additional _NET_WM_NAME property which is defined
to be in utf8 or utf16 encoding (whatever you prefer, utf8 would be fine for
me). This way old apps stay compatible with new window managers and new apps
will work fine with old window managers.

Matthias