Re: Work in Progress: draft 1.9a

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 08:05:26PM +0100, M.Rogers@cs.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
> >This modal thing reminds me of something else: Currently
> >application-modal windows are not handled very nicely (in Qt anyway).
> >When you click on one of the main windows, it will be raised and then Qt
> >raised the app-modal dialog again. This is annoying.
>
> Would it make sense for window managers to keep all transients stacked above
> their parents?

At least several fvwm users keep complaining about it. It's
definitely a matter of personal taste. I see no reason why one
should force netscape's 'find' window fully above the browser
window (just an example).

> Paul Warren has just suggested this behaviour for mosquito, and
> I can't see anything wrong with it. The transients and top-level windows of
> one application form a group. Clicking on any member of the group raises the
> whole group. Within the group, transients are stacked above top-level windows.

> (I'm not suggesting this should go in the spec.)

Um, if you don't suggest it goes in the spec, what are you suggesting
then? At what other place should it be stated?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, Hewlett-Packard GmbH, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany