Re: [Valencia] New development snapshot: Valencia 0.5.0

Le 11/02/2014 22:05, Jim Nelson a écrit :
I would say that Valencia tracks Vala more closely than it does gedit. It *might* make sense for us to mirror Vala's version numbering. I'll consider that, but for now assume that 0.6 will be the next stable release.

Speaking of which, the new version requires vala-0.24 which is not available on Ubuntu (we track GNOME 3.10/GTK 3.10 in trusty and our vala is still 0.22 which matches those). We might try to get the new vala at least in universe (if that doesn't require to have e.g the new GTK to match bindings/libs) during the cycle, otherwise I guess we need to stay on 0.4 (we backported the support for gedit 3.8 in saucy though so at least that should work)

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher