Re: [Vala] Help: Classes cannot have multiple base classes

Hi Abderrahim,

Thank you so much!  That did it!

Changing the compile command from:

        valac --pkg gtk-3.0 --pkg gdk-3.0 test.vala

to:

        valac --pkg gtk+-3.0 --pkg gdk-3.0 test.vala

worked.

Could you elaborate a little on, or give a link to, how I can find the pkg-config name of a package, and
what’s the difference between that and the gir name?

And is there an easier way to specify packages than listing them one by one in the command?

I’m *very* new to Vala.

Thanks again!
Frank C.