Von: Ulink <ulink gmx at>
Gesendet: 03.10.2018 07:40
An: <vala-list gnome org>
Betreff: Re: [Vala] Newbie need help

> I wanted to try porting a bigger C# project to vala (performance/etc.) but i think this is not a good
idea.

Indeed, it is.

> As long as I have to deal with buildsystem/ctags/plugins/autocomplete/whatever and not with my actual
work....
> It just wastes my time.

But you have already managed it?

> So thank's a lot for help, but back to monodevelop .......

:-(

Mind that Vala code is MUCH smaller and faster (and don't need any byte
of additional library code) and Vala is constantly evolving (regardless
of the nonsense E. B. babbled). Also, Vala is an official Gtk3 language
binding, Gtk# is not (see https://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.php).

We switched from Qt to Vala/Gtk/Glib (not the other way around!) several
years ago and it was the best decision we ever made. One of our apps has
approx. 300kLOC and was intended to run on PCs, but now also runs
unmodified (only recompiled for ARM) perfectly on a Raspberry Pi.

Please don't try this using Mono because your Raspi will detonate ;-)