Re: [Vala] Graphing with libdazzle

    > On Thursday, 29 March 2018, 19:47:42 BST, Steven Oliver <oliver steven gmail com> wrote:  > Has anyone
on here ever used libdazzle [1]?...> There is documentation
for it on valadoc [3] but, sadly, as is typical for valadoc, it's a
lot of function and property listings with no explanations or
examples.

This isn't a tip to solve your problem, but an observation for anyone looking tocontribute back to the Vala
ecosystem.
The libdazzle Vala binding is generated from a GObject Introspection Repository (GIR)
file:https://github.com/nemequ/vala-girs/blob/master/gir-1.0/Dazzle-1.0.gir
The GIR is generated from GObject annotations
(https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GObjectIntrospection/Annotations/)and those include documentation comments.
For example, if you look down the entriesĀ in https://valadoc.org/libdazzle-1.0/Dazzle.html The entry for
BindingGroup has a description.This is taken from the C source:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libdazzle/blob/master/src/bindings/dzl-binding-group.c#L28So if anyone wishes
to improve the documentation for their tooling then submitting patches, or merge requests through GitLab in
the case of libdazzle, is going to help us all.Of course we can only do as much as we can to contribute back
and this is a general commentabout how anyone and everyone can help improve documentation for the libraries
they use.
Regards,
Al