Re: [Vala] Introspection for exception instances

Hey Al,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Al Thomas <astavale yahoo co uk> wrote:
I hope this gets you a step further, but I've not applied this with GLib's cancellable.
The general pattern is:

void main () {
    try {
         test ();
    } catch (IOError error) {
       print (error.message + "\n");
    }
}

void test () throws IOError {
    throw new IOError.CANCELLED ("This test has been cancelled");
}

Just compile with valac --pkg gio-2.0 cancellable_error.vala and you will see
the message.

Yeah, that will get me the message which is great, but I'm interested in the developer-readable string version of the domain and code.

So for example being able to call `error.to_string()` and get "IOError.CANCELLED: This test has been cancelled" returned would be good, but it would be even better to be able to get the individual components, e.g. "IOError" and "CANCELLED".

I assumed CANCELLABLE was a typo.

Yeah sure was, sorry. I need a type-checker for my email composer.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>