Re: [Vala] The future of Vala

On 10.09, Evan Nemerson wrote:
This is something I've been thinking about lately, too.  We currently
rely on Jürg and Luca's expertise pretty heavily for development and
patch review, and since they are both busy with other stuff Vala
development has slowed down quite a bit.

Assuming we can't organize financing to pay Jürg and/or Luca to work on
Vala, I think we need to focus on a more decentralized development
approach where we rely more on contributions from people with less
expertise with the Vala internals.

I agree that a more decentralized approach would be better, but as I
said that can't possibly happen if nobody ever even tries to work with
valac internals. Basically, I'm not saying that Jürg or Luca need to
even work on valac, but a patch review now and then would already help
a lot. And some of those patches are really quite simple and obviously
correct, but no review except theirs has any weight.

<snip, rest of the mail>

I assume "more testing" is basically interesting because we need less
(sophisticated) review? That might be true from a functionality POV but
not regarding architecture etc. But more tests are always good of
course.