Re: [Vala] The future of Vala

On Fri, 2016-09-09 at 23:50 +0200, rastersoft wrote:
I was hoping to see at least one answer to this, but now I'm really
scared. I really love Vala, so the perspective of missing it is
really horrible :(

Ditto.  I've been poking at Vala - it seems like a really great idea,
and it worked well for what I tried so far....  but I am extremely
hesitant to invest in another piece of abandonware.

Slouching sadly back to Python...

So, for quite a while the Vala project has seen very little
activity.
The three people most involved (Jürg, Luca and Flo) are barely on
IRC and/or otherwise reachable which makes it hard to get an
opinion or info from them. On the other hand, some people are still
doing a great job, namely Rico with all the binding work, as well
as Evan (I haven't kept up with what Al is doing other than
replying to bugzilla issues that won't be fixed unless it's a
binding issue).

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>