Re: [Vala] Valadoc.org is fully operational again

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016, 1:21 PM Dmitry Golovin <dima golovin in> wrote:

24.11.2016, 18:33, "Ben Iofel" <iofelben gmail com>:
I'm working on a brand new valadoc by generating XML at
https://github.com/eustasy/vala-docs.org/tree/generator . Currently
valadoc.org generates html pages then extracts the parts it wants

On Nov 24, 2016 9:16 AM, "Guillaume Poirier-Morency" <
guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com> wrote:

 Le mercredi 23 novembre 2016 à 10:56 +0000, Al Thomas via vala-list a
 écrit :
 > In case anyone hadn't noticed valadoc.org is fully working again.
 >
 > Thanks to Elementary OS [1] who are hosting the site [2].
 >
 > Development is now being done at https://github.com/valadoc and
 > includes a number of recent updates, including better URIs for
 > bookmarking and external linking. There is also work started on
 > changing valadoc.org to use Valum [3].

 The docs and static assets are served so far and I still have to
 reimplement the tooltip and search feature (which only require
 accessing a MySQL database with Gda).

 If anyone would like to test it, I also provided a Vagrantfile to
 provision a VM and run the site.

     vagrant up
     vagrant provision
     vagrant ssh
     cd valadoc-org
     make serve # or make serve-mini

 It should be noticeably faster due to use of proactive caching with
 ETag headers.

 The first transition will be drop-in, then we shall look into the
 possibility of serving and searching docs as a service.

http://blog.elementary.io/post/152967321211/were-now-hosting-va
https://arteymix.github.io/valum/2016/11/11/announcing-valum-0-
http://voices.canonical.com/jussi.pakkanen/2012/12/03/introduci
 > ng-libcolumbus-a-fast-online-approximate-matching-library/
 Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com>

 Étudiant au baccalauréat en Informatique à l'Université de Montréal
 Chercheur boursier à l'IRIC

 Mon blog: https://arteymix.github.io/
 Clé PGP: B1AD6EA5

That is a great idea! Possibly later it would be possible to use generated
XML in GNOME Builder to show documentation for every used function (like it
is done in most Java IDEs).

I think it is possible to add XML as an output format for valadoc utility.

That's essentially what I'm doing. Also, it would not be to hard to
eventually get it merged into valadoc

Regards,
Dmitry