Re: [Vala] Valadoc.org is fully operational again

24.11.2016, 18:33, "Ben Iofel" <iofelben gmail com>:
I'm working on a brand new valadoc by generating XML at
https://github.com/eustasy/vala-docs.org/tree/generator . Currently
valadoc.org generates html pages then extracts the parts it wants

On Nov 24, 2016 9:16 AM, "Guillaume Poirier-Morency" <
guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com> wrote:

 Le mercredi 23 novembre 2016 à 10:56 +0000, Al Thomas via vala-list a
 écrit :
 > In case anyone hadn't noticed valadoc.org is fully working again.
 >
 > Thanks to Elementary OS [1] who are hosting the site [2].
 >
 > Development is now being done at https://github.com/valadoc and
 > includes a number of recent updates, including better URIs for
 > bookmarking and external linking. There is also work started on
 > changing valadoc.org to use Valum [3].

 The docs and static assets are served so far and I still have to
 reimplement the tooltip and search feature (which only require
 accessing a MySQL database with Gda).

 If anyone would like to test it, I also provided a Vagrantfile to
 provision a VM and run the site.

     vagrant up
     vagrant provision
     vagrant ssh
     cd valadoc-org
     make serve # or make serve-mini

 It should be noticeably faster due to use of proactive caching with
 ETag headers.

 The first transition will be drop-in, then we shall look into the
 possibility of serving and searching docs as a service.

 > The content is up to date. With Valum 0.3 [4] and libcolumbus [5]
 > recently being added.
 >
 > Thanks should also go out to Chris Daley of Valadate project for
 > hosting a mirror ( http://valadoc.valadate.org ) and the company
 > RooJSolutions ( http://valadoc.roojs.com ) for also hosting a mirror
 > while things got back to normal.
 >
 > [1] - https://elementary.io/
 > [2] - http://blog.elementary.io/post/152967321211/were-now-hosting-va
 > ladocorg
 > [3] - https://github.com/Valadoc/valadoc-org/pull/40
 > [4] - https://arteymix.github.io/valum/2016/11/11/announcing-valum-0-
 > 3.html
 > [5] - http://voices.canonical.com/jussi.pakkanen/2012/12/03/introduci
 > ng-libcolumbus-a-fast-online-approximate-matching-library/
 Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com>

 Étudiant au baccalauréat en Informatique à l'Université de Montréal
 Chercheur boursier à l'IRIC

 Mon blog: https://arteymix.github.io/
 Clé PGP: B1AD6EA5

That is a great idea! Possibly later it would be possible to use generated XML in GNOME Builder to show
documentation for every used function (like it is done in most Java IDEs).

I think it is possible to add XML as an output format for valadoc utility.

Regards,
Dmitry