[Vala] gir introspection problem

Hi everyone,

I'm running into problems where methods have multi-dimensional arrays as
inputs or return types.  The c code and the header files seem to be
generated without any problems, but the gir file will list the wrong number
of dimensions.  I filed a bug: vala-list gnome org

I've also looked through the code to see if I could figure out a proposed
patch, but I don't know the source code very well.  This makes tracking
down the issue quite a task for me.

Could anyone with more experience with the vala source point me in the
right direction? Maybe some ideas about where to start looking for the
issue?

I'm working on some software that uses the gir files to make calls to a
shared library created by vala.  The only workaround I've thought of so far
is to parse the generated header file, where the function signatures are
correct, but if the gir was correct I wouldn't have to.  So I'd rather try
to fix the gir file first.  It just seems cleaner.

Thanks,
brian