Re: [Vala] Help with libgda

follow up ...

OK I think you might be there, but just need to clear a few things up.

Firstly, after your last email I did start to think why install in /opt on a Fedora system.
Maybe that was why your pkg-config  showed the old 5.2.2 instead of 5.2.4 when
you built 5.2.4

Yes, that was the issue. Now I just compiled with --prefix=/usr

Secondly check how many VAPIs are being generated by the build.
In the build directory issue the command:
find | grep -P vapi$
This should list all files ending in vapi. There may be only one - see below.

These are the vapi files that contain gda in their name:

$ find /usr | grep -P vapi$ | grep gda
/usr/share/vala/vapi/gdadata-5.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/libgda-5.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/libgda-6.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/libgdaui-5.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/gdadata-6.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/libgdata.vapi
/usr/share/vala/vapi/libgdaui-6.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala-0.28/vapi/libgda-report-4.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala-0.28/vapi/libgda-4.0.vapi
/usr/share/vala-0.28/vapi/libgdata.vapi
find: «/usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d»: Permi

Thirdly, libgda is a database abstraction layer. Why is a libgda-mysql-5.0.vapi even necessary?
The Vala program should be built against the abstraction layer, not a database specific API?
I'm wondering if your projects build instructions are wrong. Try removing --pkg libgda-mysql-5.0.
Just a thought. I just tried downloading libgda, but too many dependencies for me to spend time on
at the moment. So I haven't tested this. Otherwise there could be a configuration option to enable
MySQL?

That's a good question.

Is it enough to just depend on libgda-5.0 or should also explicitly
depend on  libgda-mysql, libgda-postgresql and so on?

5.2.4 is the latest stable version. So if you get it working it may be helpful to the wider
community to file a bug against Fedora libgda-devel package to get the VAPI included.

Al