Re: [Vala] state of the art in vala code-completion?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Nick Watts <fatalglory gmail com> wrote:
Does anyone out there know what is currently the most promising solution
for vala code intelligence?  How far along is it in terms of
features/stability?

I've been using Valencia [1] in Gedit for some time now. It provides autocompletion, function signatures, and a few other things. What I like most is the ability to jump to a function definition from any use. This works both for functions in your project as well as those defined externally. (You get the vapi file, not the C source, but I generally prefer that.) It's extraordinarily helpful when trying to get a grip on an unfamiliar codebase.

I haven't played with any other similar projects for vala, so I can't offer comparisons.

Hope that helps,
Robert

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Valencia