Re: [Vala] Use of vala in a production environment

On 18/06/2015 10:31, Luc Chante wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a language to start a new project.
This project consists of a server (a REST API server using JSON), and
clients (nothing really new :-p).

I am wondering if vala (or a particular version of vala) is stable and
mature enough to be the base for developing the server part.
Or maybe a particular realse of glib, libsoup, libgee, ...

Putting aside my own code mistakes, is there any issues of memory leaks,
long term execution trouble, ...

And what about cross compilation for windows (I already successfully
cross-compiled some little code to test GTK+3.0 under windows) ?

I am not fixed yet, but python could be my next choice.

Thank you.

PS : If someone have a professional use/experience in vala, what trouble
did he have to face with ?
Nowadays for this kind of job I'd suggest you to look at Go, neither
Python nor Vala.
Vala is better suited for dbus, gtk, and gnomeish stuff in general.

Best regards,