Re: [Vala] About method overloading, constructor overloading and extension methods

Hello,

One of the reasons that Vala does not support method overloading is because it is meant to maintain c compatibility. If someone writes a library in Vala and the compiler starts coming up with naming schemes that can cause some issues for c users of the library (if the names don't make sense).

This issue has been debated several times in the past and given the history I don't see it changing.

Aaron

Quoting Steven Oliver <oliver steven gmail com>:

That is a good question actually. I mean yannick's answer works in this
overly-simplified case, but overall, is there a technical reason it doesn't
work this way?

Steven N. Oliver

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM, geovanisouza92 gmail com <