Re: [Vala] Compiling under Windows

Hello,

I've used mingw32 on windows and you found some informations in
http://linbox.free.fr/cross-compile/index.php

Regards

Tarnyko <tarnyko tarnyko net> a écrit :

Hi Dev_NIX,

Dev_NIX writes:

To solve that on MSYS you have to install the msys-libtool package on MinGW
Installation Manager. I've used Cygwin before.

I've been able to compile (after a good time investigating) GLib inside
MSYS, and after some tweakings, I've successfully compiled Vala 0.22.1 on
Windows.

Does anyone some experience or documentation to package it to an installer
like vala 0.12 and what files and bins are needed on the directory
structure inside the installation?

The Vala 0.12 installer (which, I suppose, you found on code.google.com) is
packaged using NSIS. I wrote a similar NSIS script which, I suppose, I could
share somewhere on the Internet. The particularity is that the .vapi files
are not located in "<root>\share" but in "\ProgramData\vala-0.XX", which is
done by tweaking the configure file.

I used to package former versions of Vala, but have less free time to do so.
I'd be happy to help you if you come to IRC, irc.gimp.org, #gtk+ or #vala
channel.