Re: [Vala] unused variable warning in generated C code

From: Luca Bruno <lethalman88 gmail com>
To: vala-list gnome org

>On 12/12/2014 14:18, Nicolas CARRIER wrote:
>

>    The problem is that when I compile vala code with the warning
>    compilations flags our build system enables, I have a lot of warnings.
>    This one is only one amongst others.
>    The risk is high to miss a real one in the mass...
>
>If it's the case that a warning is a bug in the generated code, then
>it's a bug in vala.

In fact, I'm talking about C warnings due to errors in my vala code.

>    Is it planned to "cleanup" this aspect of the generated C code ?
>
>Yes, not a priority as those warnings can be ignored. But I accept patches.

Ok, I will give a try, but I can't guarantee the result ^^

>    Concerning the other warnings I have, do you think it's worth it to
>    submit them to the mailing list ? Or will the answers be of the same
>    kind ?
>
>This is the mailing list, you meant bugzilla?

No, I wasn't clear enough, sorry but my english isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

I was asking if it would be interesting to send the warnings to the mailing, in order to find out if they are caused by errors in my vala code, or not. Generally speaking, shall I ignore all C warnings if valac issues no warning in the vala code himself ?