Re: [Vala] Gtk+ bindings update

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Non-GNOME programs certainly will not care one way or
the other whether they are broken by vala 0.26 or by vala 0.28. And the changes are certainly bugfixes, not features or UI changes that would be
affected by the current freeze.

This is slightly off-topic, but I'd like to address it while it's on the table.

Yorba's applications were considered non-GNOME for nearly five years and are still not part of GNOME core (although we're now hosted on the infrastructure). We *definitely* care when we we're broken between releases of Vala. It's worse when those changes are introduced at the last minute in the cycle -- less time to prepare -- and even worse, when they're introduced in a dot-release.

Things have stabilized with Vala over the past few releases, so good times. I hope that track record continues.

-- Jim