[Vala] What is the better way to write documentation

I've worked on GXml's Serialization framework for a while. I've added some
classes with a few documentation using valadoc.

Valadoc seems not to release a new stable version soon. Considering use
valadoc from git repository (failed in the past) I would like to add your
code examples.

Is valadoc the way to go?

How can I use DevHelp yo show C documentation or, much better, Gala
documentation?

Is mallard for tutorials an option?

developer.gnome.org points you to gtk-doc and old technology. Is It
outdated?