Re: [Vala] Worried about the state of Genie

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't have time to support yet another free software project at the moment. (A contribute to and manage over 20 projects.) My contributions have been in promoting Genie by giving talks about it, as well as opening many bugs. I'm willing to help in testing bug fixes.

As for it being "not very difficult", I'm delighted to hear that, but unfortunately it does seems difficult, not in terms of programming, but in terms of project management. But we've had serious bugs languishing for more than a year, and there's no clear plan to fix them or continue supporting Genie in the future.

I'm dismayed by the responses here. There's doesn't seem to be anyone taking leadership on this issue. For myself, I've decided to abandon Genie unless there is a major structural change in terms of managing it. I will now need to do the hard work of converting my Genie projects to Vala. :(