[Vala] Possible but in string.index_of, index_of_char and contains

Hello,

I was getting some false positives in a string that I was using for valid character lookups so I wrote a little test app to display what I was seeing. Below are the lines that were run as well as what the output of each of those lines. The first set of three lines looks correct, but the last set of three lines is not what I expected. Is this designed behavior?

"ABC".index_of_char('A'):  0
"ABC".index_of_char('B'):  1
"ABC".index_of_char('C'):  2

"ABC".index_of_char('\x00'):  0